HOOPP Honours Triovest with Two LEAP Awards
The Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP), one of Triovest’s largest clients, recently named Triovest managed Canada Place and 19600 Clark Graham as 2013 LEAP award recipients.
Canada Place was recognized with the Energy Saver award and 19600 Clark Graham with the Engagement Leader: Industrial award.
The HOOPP LEAP awards program was created to honour its property managers who show leadership in environmental and energy performance. The awards celebrate successes of HOOPP properties and encourage collaboration and friendly competition to continuously improve performance.
Strategically located in the heart of downtown Calgary, Canada Place is a classic brick building with nineteen floors of high quality office space and Plus 15 access to adjoining buildings, parking, banking, and retail services. It offers convenient access to vehicular traffic from 4th and 5th Avenues as well as the main east and westbound downtown arteries. Canada Place is BOMA BESt certified.
Numerous strategically planned and implemented retrofits and improvements earned Canada Place the LEAP Award for most energy saved within a year in HOOPP’s portfolio.
Sustainability projects at Canada Place in 2012 included:
- Installations of the new cooling tower, boilers and chiller were finished and a thorough commissioning was completed in the second quarter. The old gas burning absorption chiller was replaced with a more energy efficient centrifugal chiller.
- Run times on all equipment were monitored to create efficiencies.
- Supply air dampers were switched to motorized, insulated dampers to eliminate heat loss.
- New pumps with energy efficient motors were installed.
- New building supply energy efficient hot water tank was installed.
- LED lights in all elevators and some common areas replaced the old MR16 bulbs.
Built in 2007, 19600 Clark Graham located in Baie d’Urfé in the west island of Montreal is a single tenant 123,173 square feet industrial property. Covidien, a pharmaceutical company, has occupied the building since its completion. This building is a distribution centre where they service hospitals and clinics in the GMA. The tenant is very pro-active in terms of health & safety and they are actively seeking ways to reduce their energy consumption and waste.
In 2012, 19600 Clark Graham achieved a reduction of 14% of the building’s electricity consumption through direct engagement and collaboration with the tenant, earning the building management team the LEAP award for successful tenant engagement.
Sustainability projects at 19600 Clark Graham in 2012 included:
- New efficient lighting with motion detectors in the warehouse
- Tight control on the HVAC systems operation
- A humidity sensor to replace the timer for the lawn sprinklers
- Increased recycling of electronics and mixed batteries
- In-house training to reduce waste and damaged goods
- Damaged products donation recognized as waste reduction
Triovest congratulates the property management and operations teams at these two properties for their outstanding achievements and thanks them for their efforts in promoting Triovest’s sustainable management practices.