Triovest Receives Green Lease Leader Recognition
Triovest has been recognized as a Silver-level Green Lease Leader by the Institute for Market Transformation (IMT) and the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Better Buildings Alliance. The Green Lease Leaders™ designation exhibits a strong commitment to increased performance and sustainability in buildings and best practice leasing. The award is a result of meeting/exceeding the following requirements:
- Provide tenant with sustainability contact
- Include cost recovery clause for energy efficiency upgrades that benefit tenant
- Track common area energy use
- Track common area water use
- Disclose whole building ENERGY STAR score to tenant annually
- Require energy and sustainability training to your transaction management team
- Employ energy management best practices for the building systems you control
- Request annual tenant energy disclosure (energy usage and total charges)
- Innovation in leasing (requiring tenant support in pursuing building certifications)
Green Lease Leaders™ recognizes forward-thinking companies and real estate practitioners who break down barriers to high-performance buildings by revolutionizing leases to incorporate energy efficiency and sustainability.
IMT and the Better Buildings Alliance will recognize Triovest together with other members of this year’s class of Green Lease Leaders™ at the 2018 BOMA International Annual Conference in San Antonio, Texas, June 23—June 26.